Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 31 - A Waterfall

From the beginning of this project I've wanted to photograph a waterfall. I wanted to capture silky and smooth running water. I read that to get this effect I need a very low shutter speed.  I found this waterfall in town today by accident and took many pictures with many different settings. This is the best shot I got. I still want to take more pictures of waterfalls. I am so fascinated by this smooth effect. I know that in order to get the perfect shot, a tripod is a must. Also, it is best if the sun isn't too bright, which it was when I took this picture around one in the afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Long exposure shots of water are one of my favorite. This is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect long exposure. Beautiful composition, too.

    ReplyDelete