Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1 - 365 Photo Challenge begins

I am officially starting a 365-Day-Photo-Challenge. That means that I am going to take and post a picture everyday for the next 365 days. The goal is to learn more about camera settings, the use of different lenses, shooting in raw and to learn more about photo processing.  I won't follow a specific list. I think it will be easier if I photograph whatever works for me on each particular day. For example, today is the first day of the year. We are in our PJs and not thinking about going out in the cold. So, I have to think of something I can photograph perhaps by the window, so I can use the natural light.

So, here is my not so great first photo. It is the photo of a hat made by my son at the library's New Year's party. I put the hat by the kitchen window. After trying different settings, I decided to used the camera flash because the pictures were coming out too dark. That wasn't a great idea. I used my new 50 mm.

1 comment:

  1. I love all your pictures. I too am doing the 365 in order to improve on my photography, this is my first year of shooting in manual. I would love to have you visit my blog and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete